AI Research Scientist
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are looking for creative experts who are interested in applying general machine learning and specifically deep learning techniques to many types of problems, but particularly those with large amounts of noisy data.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop effective techniques and infrastructure, from the initial idea to the running prototype and product
- Similar to a research environment, you will write code, use the latest machine learning tools, run experiments, and generally develop techniques and processes to improve our understanding of how financial data influences the world around us
- Partner with teams across Two Sigma to implement your ideas into their products
- Remain connected to the broader research community by partnering with internal and external collaborators and participate in relevant conferences
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other STEM field
- Excellent programming skills in Python, C++, Tensorflow, PyTorch or similar languages
- Internships/work experience with machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning
- Background in machine learning techniques with large amounts of noisy data, curiosity in applying it to financial problems
- Relevant research experience (publications at NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR or similar are preferred)
- Experience with cloud environments and multi-machine setups
- Participation in open source community
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role is anticipated to be between $160,000 and $300,000. The anticipated base pay range is based on information as of the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.