AWS Data Engineer - Venn
New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook Twitter Send to a friend
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Venn is Two Sigma's portfolio analytics platform used by asset owners, asset managers, and advisors. Venn applies Two Sigma's expertise in research, data science, and technology to modernize the analytics experience for institutional investors, helping them embrace a quantitative approach to multi-asset portfolio risk and investment decision making. The tools available in Venn help investors perform factor-based risk analysis to inform manager due diligence, investment evaluation, and portfolio construction.
Venn is seeking an AWS Data Engineer! You will build scalable and highly-available data pipelines on various datasets in order to enable impactful insights, improve our customer experience, and grow our practice and platform. You will collaborate deeply with partners across product and design, engineering, and business teams to drive innovations that improve the customer experience.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Design, bootstrap, and build enterprise level data pipelines and services in AWS
- Drive and onboard datasets that directly contribute to the Venn roadmap and revenue generation
- Translate product requirements into data engineering specifications
- Develop operational, quality control processes that deliver accurate and timely data and reporting that meets or exceeds SLAs
- Facilitate discussions with partner teams regarding technical / architectural trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year of experience required; 1-5 years of experience preferred in building data pipelines from scratch
- Programming experience in Python and SQL
- Hands-on development experience using AWS data products to provide end-to-end solutions
- Experience with AWS data services such as AWS Glue, Lambda, and Step Functions
- Knowledge of AWS cloud infrastructure (i.e. IAM, S3), technologies, patterns, frameworks, and industry trends
- BA/BS in a technical subject area
- Production experience with Athena, Sagemaker, Quicksight, Redshift, or CDK is preferred but not required
- Serverless and ML pipeline production experience are helpful but not required
- Experience with MapReduce, Spark, or data lake is helpful but not required
- Java programming experience is a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role will be between $100,000 and $200,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.