Academic Outreach and Campus Recruiting Coordinator
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a creative problem-solver with strong analytical and communication skills to be our colleague in Academic Outreach and Campus Recruiting. You will join a high-performing team to own coordination for academic outreach - partnerships with professors, engagement with doctoral students, and conference sponsorships - and develop recruiting skill sets by taking responsibilities of full-cycle campus recruiting.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage logistics and coordination to deepen relationships with professors, academic departments, and existing programs (e.g., PhD Fellowships, PhD Research Symposium, etc.)
- Support logistics and coordination for the early PhD talent pipeline for new research collaborations
- Manage logistics and coordination for research conferences (e.g., setting up conference contracts, approvals, marketing materials, events, etc.) as well as help develop our engagement strategy at these events
- Support full-cycle campus recruiting to achieve hiring goals
- Analyze and report on recruiting & academic outreach data to leverage and identify opportunities for increased efficiency across processes, programs, and tools
- Partner with HR colleagues to ensure efficient and accurate flow of data at all stages, from collection to transformation and storage to reporting
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with a strong academic record
- At least 1 year of professional work experience in recruiting/program coordination or a related field in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to manage multiple projects with keen attention to detail
- Ability to build and nurture strong, dynamic relationships with various teams
- Strong proficiency in data analysis - maintain accurate data and reporting result
- Ability to exercise discretion with confidential information and make thoughtful decisions based on data-driven insights
- Hard-working, fast-learning, and team-oriented
- Creative, curious, and self-motivated
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.