Accountant (Campus Hire) - Two Sigma Securities
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma Securities, LLC is a broker-dealer registered with the SEC, one of the major U.S. equity exchanges and a registered market maker in over 8,000 U.S. exchange listed equities. Backed by a high performance, proprietary platform, the firm facilitates the execution of more than 300 million shares per day. We are the market-making affiliate of Two Sigma Investments, LP and a member of FINRA and SIPC. For more information, please visit twosigmasecurities.com.
TSS is a growing business that is expanding its global footprint. We are seeking a hardworking, driven individual to join the accounting team on a part-time basis while enrolled in school. The role offers opportunity to collaborate with several teams within the company and gain hands-on experience in a fast-growing, dynamic accounting function.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Recording journal entries
- Preparing daily cash reconciliations
- Completing various account reconciliations
- Handling invoices for approval and payment
- Assisting in on-boarding new vendors and clients
- Aiding in the preparation of various management reports
- Other ad-hoc tasks
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or graduate program in accounting and/or related field with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Self-awareness, maturity and irreproachable integrity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.