Accounting, Two Sigma Securities (Contract)
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The broker-dealer accountant is responsible for the accounting of Two Sigma Securities. The role drives the timely/accurate completion of recurring close/reporting processes, supports new business initiatives and assists in the development of accounting policies/procedures.
We are seeking those with a strong ability to analyze data and desire to improve processes. If this sounds like you, we want to speak to you! We are open to all industry experience.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Support in-house month-end close process, including broker reconciliations and invoicing
- Contribute to annual audit of financial documents
- Prepare internal cash reconciliation and support payment review
- Responsible for the accounts payable function
- Work with various teams across the firm to ensure accurate reporting and to assist with ad hoc project work
You should possess the following qualifications:
- BS/BA required with major in Finance or Accounting
- 3-8 years of total relevant accounting experience; CPA license preferred but not required
- Ability to communicate effectively across departments and with firm management
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.