Accounts Payable Specialist
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma Investments seeks a talented accounts payable specialist to join our highly motivated, innovative team.
This person will be responsible for a variety of accounts payable activities which include:
• Coding and entering invoices into general ledger system and preparing check payments, ACH payments, wire payments and wire transfers.
• Reviewing supporting documentation submitted for completeness, accuracy, and proper approval.
• Preparing year end 1099 reports.
• Assisting with maintenance of employee expense reporting system, including workflow and processing expense reports.
• Processing market data invoices and coordinating soft dollar payments through brokers, when applicable.
• Correctly identifying assets that require capitalization and entering into the fixed asset module and assisting with monthly reconciliation.
• Identifying and accruing sales tax on applicable invoices.
• Researching and resolving A/P related issues with vendors and employees.
• Assisting with other accounting projects as needed.
• Assisting with accounts receivable tasks as needed.
• 2-4 years of experience in accounts payable preferably in the financial services industry.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
• Strong academic record.
• Proficient in excel.
• Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and effectively adapt to changing priorities.
• Solid written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with employees in all departments.
• Self-starter, motivated, ability to think critically.
• Experience with Concur Travel & Expense.
Experience with the following systems is a plus:
• Lawson – GL, AP, AR, AM, CB, Smart Office.
• MHC Document Express/MHC Image Express.
• Wall Street Systems – Treasury Workstation.
• FITS Market Data System.