Administrative Assistant - Siegel Family Endowment (SFE)
New York, New York, United States
Siegel Family Endowment (SFE) is a foundation focused on understanding and shaping the impact of technology on society. SFE supports organizations whose work contributes to giving everyone the opportunity to learn and contribute to a rapidly changing society. Our Chairman, David M. Siegel, is the Co-Founder and Co-Chairman of Two Sigma Investments, LP. We primarily focus on three interest areas: Learning, Workforce, and Infrastructure. Our grantmaking philosophy and process differs from many more traditional foundations -- we encourage you to read through the “Our Approach” on www.siegelendowment.org/ to understand more about how we work with potential grantees.
SFE is searching for an experienced, reliable, and task-oriented Administrative Assistant to work directly with the SFE Operations and Leadership team. Reporting to the Director of Operations & External Engagement, the Administrative Assistant will be part of the Operations team to ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our office, and provide direct administrative support to our Executive Director.
The Administrative Assistant is expected to perform all duties with precision, timeliness, and from a customer service approach. They will always uphold the highest level of discretion while building and maintaining strong working relationships with colleagues and partners.
The ideal candidate is resourceful, professional, and able to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail. They will be fully engaged and busy from the first day, and we guarantee there will never be a dull moment.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Administrative support for the Executive Director:
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Book travel arrangements
- Organize and reconcile expense reports
- Register and provide general logistical support to visitors
- Schedule and provide logistical support for staff meetings, take detailed notes, and send necessary follow-ups
- Update and maintain CRM for Executive Director’s relationships
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Prepare materials ahead of meetings and conferences, including briefings
- Maintain correspondence with select grantees on behalf of the Executive Director
Operations Administrative Support:
- Office Management:
- Point of contact to address any issues that impact team’s physical and/or digital space
- Provide support to ensure smooth day to day operations of the team
- Facilitate purchase orders, invoice payments, and reports
- Ensure all invoices and financial reports are filed
- Grant Execution & Administration:
- Prepare monthly grant execution documents including grant letters and wire request transfer
- Assist with database management for grant tracking
- Provide relationship managers with proper documentation and updates on the status of grant executions.
- Event Planning:
- Manage and provide logistical support for all external engagement events (which may fall outside of typical working hours), including booking event space, catering, and managing guest list and communication
You should possess the following qualifications
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience as an Administrative Assistant, or relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Knowledge of G Suite/Google for Work
- Familiarity with any of the following is a plus: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Concur, Airtable, Jira/Atlassian, Wordpress
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills