New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Ventures invests in early-stage, data-driven startups across a wide variety of industries. We partner with transformative companies that leverage the exponentially increasing availability of information, advancements in the science of computing, and the ingenuity and problem-solving of visionary humans. As part of Two Sigma, we provide entrepreneurs access to a proprietary network of data scientists, technologists, and startup resources to give them a competitive edge.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to support senior members of the Two Sigma Ventures team with a broad range of administrative responsibilities including managing calendars, coordinating meetings, booking travel, and processing expenses. In this role, you will interact with many internal colleagues and external parties - as such, a very strong client-service orientation and professionalism are essential. To be successful in this role, you will need excellent organizational skills, strong time management skills, and the ability to anticipate issues before they arise. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, and enjoy working as part of a team.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate complex calendars and meeting/event schedules for direct managers; collaborate closely with managers and internal or external parties for meetings, conference calls, events, etc.
- Manage travel and lodging accommodations; research, book, and coordinate travel for assigned managers; ensure required travel documents are in place, create itineraries, maintain and update all calendars, and liaise with required parties at travel destinations
- Process and report expenses for managers
- Prepare materials and documents for meetings
- Support event coordination (internal and external) and setup including catering, room setup, and general logistics
- Provide dedicated back-up support coverage for partner assistants, the receptionist, and for the larger team as needed
- Support occasional ad-hoc tasks as required by managers
- Serve as liaison for manager(s) and their team member(s) on processes, standard methodologies & updates
You should posses the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record
- 2+ years of administrative experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a startup culture and take on new challenges as needed
- Ability to present a positive and diplomatic demeanor in all situations
- A proactive mentality and ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Process focused, always looking for ways to implement and/or improve processes
- Tech savvy; ability to get up to speed quickly on new technologies and software
- Experience with Apple Mac environment, and technology platforms such as Google Suite, Concur, Zoom, JIRA and other cloud solutions
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.