Associate, Strategy and Corporate Development
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The mission of the Strategy and Corporate Development team is to apply creativity, rigor, and collaboration to help plan and execute the business growth of Two Sigma. We are a coordinated, global team that is tasked with framing strategic opportunities for Two Sigma group and executing via investment, acquisition, incubation and partnership. A key focus of our work is defining what the future looks like and how Two Sigma can play a part in leading and improving it. Our mandate is to shape the future of finance and technology – as a forward-thinking pioneer and leader in both spaces.
In this role, you will make meaningful contributions across a diverse array of projects and will be encouraged to develop a broad skill-set in business strategy, corporate development and operational excellence. We are a highly collaborative team - so you will have significant potential for learning and impact.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Firm-wide strategic projects to define the future of Two Sigma and how we get there
- Incubation of new businesses: working on exciting growth initiatives from conception to execution
- Strategic investments - sourcing, conducting diligence on and executing deals
- Partnerships with other leading firms to drive strategic outcomes
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3 - 4 years of professional experience in roles within the fields of management consulting, M&A investment banking, and other finance/technology investment or corporate strategy related roles
- Rigorous analytical skills - including building financial models, performing competitive research and bench-marking, market segmentation and sizing
- Excellent project management skills - track record of organizing and successfully delivering several concurrent high-quality, cross-functional projects with explicit timelines
- Excellent communicator, able to engage with people across all levels of the organization and functional roles and effectively communicate through presentations for senior business leaders;
- BA / BS degree – majors in engineering, computer science, data science, math, finance or related fields with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.6
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.