Associate Counsel, Private Funds
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a forward-thinking and analytical attorney to join Two Sigma’s Liquid Products Legal & Regulatory team, to help cover a wide range of private fund and investment management-related legal initiatives. In this role, you will provide legal guidance and support to the company on a broad array of hedge fund and adviser-related matters. The role provides an opportunity to gain first-hand experience advising on cutting edge matters in the world of systematic investment management. We look forward to hearing from you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Working with internal and external counsel to launch new products and maintain fund offering and related documents;
- Providing advice and support in regards to the development and maintenance of investor relations, due diligence and marketing materials;
- Designing and advising on compliance and operational policies and procedures related to firm and product operations;
- Researching applicable securities laws and regulations and provide practical guidance; and
- Cultivating and managing relationships with business partners across the company and service providers globally.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years of experience as an associate in the investment management (or similar) group of a major U.S. law firm, and/or in the legal department of an investment adviser.
- Familiarity with private fund and management company structuring, governance and operations.
- A substantive working knowledge of hedge funds and applicable securities regulations, including relevant provisions of the Securities Act, Investment Company Act & Advisers Act.
- Extensive background with key offering and governing documents of private funds, as well as experience with investor side letter negotiations.
- Familiarity with U.S. securities marketing considerations. Familiarity with foreign securities marketing considerations is a plus.
- Desire to grow and develop with the company and your team, and eagerness to take ownership of the fund products you support.
- Must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills for a client-facing role in a professional corporate environment.
- Self-motivated and efficient multi-tasker, possessing an ability to work one on one with business partners in a highly dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Candidates must provide a resume and GPAs for all degrees. Candidates should also be able to provide strong professional references.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.