Associate, Fund Accounting Operations - Two Sigma Private Investments
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Two Sigma Private Investments (or “TSPI”) Group’s Finance & Fund Operations team manages two registered investment advisers Sightway Capital, LP & Two Sigma Ventures, LP, and provides finance, accounting, and operational support to multiple private investment businesses.
Sightway Capital, a Two Sigma Company, is a private investment firm focused on middle market growth equity investing. The firm employs a principal mindset and flexible capital approach to building successful business platforms with experienced operators and strategic partners, largely in financial services/specialty lending and real assets/resources.
Two Sigma Ventures is an early-stage venture capital fund. Two Sigma Ventures invests across verticals in companies using data science and advanced engineering to transform their industry.
TSPI Group is seeking a talented individual to join the team as a Fund Accounting Operations Associate to support the team in the daily operations and reporting requirements of the private investment funds. In this role, this individual will have exposure to, and liaise with, a variety of teams across Sightway and Ventures to satisfy cross functional needs within the TSPI Group.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Daily reconciliations of transactions and balances
- Weekly reconciliations of investment positions
- Weekly upload of investment activity and changes in positions
- Monthly reconciliations of hedge activity
- Set up wire transfers for necessary capital activity (i.e. internal transfer of funds, funding of capital calls, distributions to investors)
- Maintain a tracker for capital calls received from underlying investments
- Manage repository of prime broker, custody and depository account information
- Assist in the day-to-day oversight of the fund administrator
- Review fund’s capital activity & investor allocations, including carried interest
- Review quarterly and annual financial statements prepared by the fund administrator
- Support audit processes and liaise with auditors
- Assist with recurring and ad hoc investor requests
Bank Account Opening:
- Assist in the bank account opening process across various banking institutions
- Aggregate and maintain the necessary documentation to provide the banking institutions
- Monitor the account opening process with the bank and manage the investment teams’ expectations of timing
Entity Formation & Management
- Assist in the formation of new fund entities
- Manage various entity level filing requirements for domestic and foreign entities
Support the AML/KYC process by managing requests from external counterparties, completing customer due diligence forms and producing certain documentation and information, as appropriate.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in accounting or operations with a focus on private equity (public, private, or admin)
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic, and an ability to work independently
- Collaborative mindset and approach – ability to work well across a wide range of teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstration of high analytical capacity and intellectual curiosity
- CPA preferred