Associate, Sightway Capital
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Sightway Capital is a Two Sigma company focused on middle market growth equity investing in financial services and real assets. The company employs a principal mindset and flexible capital approach to building business platforms with experienced operators and strategic partners. The team at Sightway Capital thinks long-term, targeting business opportunities that we believe afford both asymmetric risk rewards and enterprise value creation over time. They look for opportunities in and around several asset-intensive industries where our team has significant experience and a network of long-standing relationships. For more information, please visit sightwaycapital.com.
We are seeking to add an Associate to our investment team. In this role, you will work with the team in all aspects of the investment process and assist with the active management of existing portfolio companies. Given a relatively lean team of investment professionals, the Associate can expect to have meaningful interaction with senior professionals both internally at Sightway and externally with management teams.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Participate in deal screening
- Conduct due diligence
- Participate in deal structuring, negotiation and financing
- Support the management of existing portfolio companies
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2 or more years of experience at an investment bank or private investment firm; FIG, M&A, Leveraged Finance and Real Assets/Resources backgrounds preferred
- BA / BS degree required; advanced degree preferred but not required
- Proficiency in a variety of valuation methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated accounting and Excel modeling experience and strong analytical skills
- A passion for investing and an ability to learn quickly and proactively
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.