Attorney (1940 Act)
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial technology company in SoHo that explores the fascinating intersection of big data, artificial intelligence and finance. We currently manage over $52.5 billion AUM with approximately 1300 staff spanning New York, London, Houston, Tokyo and Hong Kong. We apply the scientific method to investment management and are not your typical investment manager. We follow principles of technology and innovation with equal regard to principles of investment management. Fields like machine learning and distributed computing guide us. Since 2001, we have searched for ways that these kinds of technologies can make us better at what we do.
We are seeking a bright and analytical attorney to join Two Sigma’s Legal team and help to cover a wide range of public and private investment management related legal initiatives. In this role, you will provide legal guidance and support to the company on a broad array of mutual fund, UCITS, separately managed account, hedge-fund and adviser related matters. Responsibilities include:
- Working with investor relations, clients and internal and external counsel to negotiate and launch new products and enhance the legal and compliance protections and oversight related to existing products;
- Providing advice and support to investor relations in regards to the structuring, foreign marketing and maintenance of products, due diligence and marketing materials;
- Providing regulatory and compliance guidance related to firm and product operations, including UCITS, mutual funds, separately managed accounts and other bespoke offerings;
- Reviewing external firm marketing content in light of applicable securities laws and regulations and provide clear and actionable guidance; and
- Managing internal business relationships.
- 3 to 4 years of experience as an associate in the investment management group of a major U.S. law firm, or in the legal department of an investment adviser.
- Familiarity with separately managed accounts, private funds and, importantly, operations and regulatory obligations with respect to mutual funds and UCITS.
- A substantive working knowledge of mutual funds and hedge funds, including applicable securities regulations, including relevant provisions of the Investment Company Act, Advisers Act and the Securities Act.
- Strong interest in learning about multiple different areas of law. Familiarity with foreign marketing Is a plus but not required
- Desire to grow and develop by working on new and complex issues with the company and your team.
- Exceptional communication skills and an aptitude for building strong business relationships.
- Self-motivated, team player and highly efficient multi-tasker with an ability to work in a dynamic environment.