Attorney, Financial Transactions
New York, New York, United States
We are seeking a bright and analytical attorney to join Two Sigma’s Legal Department to help us cover a wide spectrum of legal initiatives. In this role, you will primarily provide legal support to the Financial Resource Management and Corporate teams.
On the Financial Resource Management side, responsibilities will include:
- Negotiating various agreements with bank and broker-dealer counterparties, including prime brokerage agreements, term commitment agreements, securities lending agreements, repurchase agreements, ISDAs, master netting agreements, control agreements, custody agreements, credit agreements and various related documents;
- Providing legal advice to the Financial Resource Management team on various issues, including, securities law, insolvency, UCC, lien/perfection issues and related topics; and
- Keeping abreast of legal and regulatory changes in the financing and trading space.
With respect to the Corporate side, responsibilities will include:
- Building out the role of the Office of the Corporate Secretary for Two Sigma’s domestic and foreign offices;
- Being a key partner for enhancing and supporting firm-wide corporate governance; and
- Maintaining customary corporate documents and records.
- University and legal degrees from top flight universities; candidates must provide a resume, as well as their GPAs for all degrees.
- 3-6 years of hedge fund, finance, prime brokerage, term, securities lending, repo, and/or ISDA experience as an associate at a major U.S. law firm or in the legal department of a sell-side or buy-side firm.
- Familiarity with corporate governance, management company and fund structuring is a strong plus.
- A working knowledge of hedge funds and applicable securities regulations is strongly encouraged.
- A keen interest in learning numerous areas of the law.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and an aptitude for building business relationships.
- Being an efficient and self-motivated multi-tasker.
- Strong organizational, communication and listening skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage expectations.