Attorney (Private Funds)
New York, New York, United States
We are seeking a bright and analytical attorney to join Two Sigma’s Legal team and help to cover a wide range of private fund and investment management related legal initiatives. In this role, you will provide legal guidance and support to the company on a broad array of hedge-fund and adviser related matters. Responsibilities include:
- Working with internal and external counsel to launch new products and maintain fund offering and related documents;
- Providing advice and support in regards to the development and maintenance of investor relations, due diligence and marketing materials;
- Providing regulatory and compliance guidance related to firm and product operations;
- Researching applicable securities laws and regulations and provide actionable guidance; and
- Cultivating and managing relationships with business partners across the company.
- 3 to 4 years of experience as an associate in the investment management (or similar) group of a major U.S. law firm, or in the legal department of an investment adviser.
- Familiarity with private fund and management company structuring, governance and operations.
- A substantive working knowledge of hedge funds and applicable securities regulations, including relevant provisions of the Securities Act, Investment Company Act & Advisers Act.
- Familiarity with U.S. and foreign securities marketing considerations is a plus.
- Desire to grow and develop with the company and your team.
- Must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and efficient multi-tasker, possessing an ability to work one on one with business partners in a highly dynamic environment.
- Candidates must provide a resume, as well as their GPAs for all degrees.