BUSINESS INNOVATION & GROWTH ANALYST
New York, New York, United States
Duties: Identify, analyze, and assess specific potential new business opportunities for financial investment management using systematic approaches. Use statistical analysis, financial analysis, and predictive financial modeling skills to develop and execute on solutions to business problems. Advise key decision makers on the long-term financial investment strategy and operating model of the firm. Acquire competitive intelligence through financial market research and analysis. Work cross-functionally across large-scale projects to build consensus and develop knowledge and intuition. Analyze and incubate new business opportunities for the firm with a commercial focus and develop and execute on go to market strategy.
Minimum education required: Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, or Financial Engineering.
Minimum experience required: 18 months of experience as a Business Management Consultant with experience using the following skills/technologies:
- Knowledge of storyboarding to create client-ready presentations that can effectively convey research conclusions and strategic recommendations to senior stakeholders;
- Knowledge of the technology industry, including key players, competitive dynamics, growth areas;
- Competitive research and benchmarking experience;
- Understanding and application of statistical concepts;
- SQL-based database software (e.g. Alteryx): experience writing complex analyses and queries using SQL;
- Data visualization techniques and software (e.g. Tableau);
- Cloud-based software technology stack;
- Object-oriented programming languages (Java, C) and ability to perform code reviews;
- Experience working with product development cycles: interviewing customers to inform product features, running focus groups, and drawing up product specifications;
- Experience reading financial statements (income statement, cash flow, balance sheet) and analyzing for strategic insight; and
- Experience building financial models.