Bank Debt Operations Specialist
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a talented and detail-oriented individual to join our Operations team, performing vital middle office / trade support functions and participating in initiatives that will help Two Sigma build and develop critical business activities.
Are you a hard-working individual who enjoys problem solving and collaborating with equally dedicated colleagues who love Operations? Join our team!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring that trading systems are using reconciled information and that all operational procedures and risk controls are set
- Reconciling internal positions across multiple counterparties and asset classes
- Reviewing admin positions/transactions/cash reconciliations and handling exceptions across multiple counterparties and asset classes
- T+0 matching and settlements across multiple asset classes and markets
- Handling corporate action event life cycles
- Analyzing our existing operational platform to establish straight through processing and find efficiencies
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5-10 years of operations experience at an investment management firm, fund administrator, or prime broker
- BA/BS required (preferably in finance or economics)
- Experience with bank debt products and trade life cycle; experience with additional macro and fixed income assets a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to details and processes
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong problem solving/critical thinking abilities
- Ability to form relationships and thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Data analytics and visualization skills (e.g. compiling datasets and identifying anomalies and trends)
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.