Benefits & Immigration Coordinator
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We're seeking an organized and motivated individual to join our Benefits and Immigration teams! In this position, you will play a key role in core HR processes such as open enrollment, visa processing, and employee on-boarding. The Benefits & Immigration Coordinator will collaborate closely with experienced HR professionals and benefit from wide opportunities for in-depth learning.
Finally, we’re known as "nice geeks," which we take as a compliment. That means we look for people who operate in an honest, respectful and collaborative way. As well, we want team members to be intellectually curious and comfortable analyzing and using data to support and convey their points of view and influence decision making. After all, we’re a company that’s all about data.
If this sounds like the kind of role you thrive in, we’d love to hear from you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Serve as the main point of contact for employee leaves
- Assist our Benefits Specialist with open enrollments for US and international offices
- Act as a point of escalation for our HR Services team regarding benefits inquiries
- Serve as a liaison with our benefits vendors
- Create and maintain employee benefits communications
- Coordinate annual flu shot clinics and health & wellness fair for US offices
- Facilitate benefits orientation for new hires
- Open and maintain Labor Condition Application (LCA) files and coordinate postings for employee visa applications
- Coordinate between employees and law firms for visa application filings
- Coordinate between managers and employees on STEM Optional Practical Training (OPT) plan and Employment Authorization Document (EAD) extension filings
- Track STEM OPT evaluations and coordinate to complete the evaluations
- Coordinate internal communications regarding international travel and monthly reports updates
- Support green card application related job postings by being responsible for posting job notices and recruitment activity, such as coordinating candidate assessments and interviews and organizing records and documentation
- Support on-boarding process by guiding the I-9 process and handling foreign national data entry into Workday
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years of work experience, preferably in HR
- Interest in and willingness to learn immigration and benefits including regulations in both areas
- Strong interpersonal skills with a keen focus on employee experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-orientated and organized
- High-level of confidentiality and discretion
- Proven ability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a collaborative environment
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.