New York, New York, United States
We are seeking an experienced, detail oriented Bookkeeper to join the Family Office Team. In this role, you will be responsible for account reconciliations, booking of cash transactions, and providing support to the Family Office CPA’s as well as the broader Family Office team.
- Bank account monitoring, booking of cash transactions and performing related monthly bank reconciliations
- Coding and coordinating the payment of invoices, processing check runs & wires, and posting related ledger entries
- Preparing monthly credit card reconciliations for large volume accounts
- Assisting with the preparation and gathering of audit samples
- Organizing the yearly 1099 distribution for all eligible vendors
- Reviewing and processing employee expense reports
- Tracking and recording grants and donations
- Preparing bank deposits and all related booking
- Various special projects and ad-hoc requests
- 2-4 years of bookkeeping experience preferably in a family office or financial services environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- Strong academic record.
- Working knowledge of computers and the operation of standard office machines, as well as computer programs (Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines and effectively adapt to changing priorities.
- The ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with employees in all departments.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate excellent critical thinking skills.
- Experience with Concur Travel & Expense.
- Displays sensitivity and responsiveness to confidential information.
Experience with the following is a plus: