Broker Dealer Finance and Accounting Associate (Two Sigma Securities)
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. Our work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Two Sigma Securities, LLC is a broker-dealer registered with the SEC, one of the major U.S. equity exchanges and a registered market maker in over 8,000 U.S. exchange listed equities. Backed by a high performance, proprietary platform, the firm facilitates the execution of more than 300 million shares per day. We are the market-making affiliate of Two Sigma Investments, LP and a member of FINRA and SIPC. For more information, please visit twosigmasecurities.com.
Two Sigma Securities is a growing business that is expanding its global footprint. We are seeking a talented, driven individual to join Two Sigma Securities’ accounting team. The role offers opportunities to collaborate with several teams within the company, including Trading, Operations, Technology, Legal/Compliance and Treasury.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Perform analysis on various new accounting pronouncements
- Research and analyze the accounting/finance impacts that arise from the firm’s new business initiatives or strategies
- Assist with the month-end close process and maintenance of the Firm’s internal books and records.
- Assist in the production of financial regulatory filings and calculation of the Firm’s regulatory net capital
- Collaborate with technology teams to work on process enhancements through automation
- Assist in preparation of schedules for tax filings
- Liaise with the team, auditors and administrator to streamline the audit process
- Assist in the preparation of the annual financial statement schedules and footnotes
- Identify areas for process improvements and establish efficiencies and enhanced reporting
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 3-7 years of public and/or private experience in broker dealers and/or hedge funds
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record required; CPA license preferred
- Ambitious, collaborative, ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Self-awareness, maturity and irreproachable integrity
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Strong attention to detail
- Series 27 license is a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.