Broker Management Negotiator & Documentation Specialist
New York, New York, United States
We are looking for analyst/associate level negotiator and process owner for prime brokerage and other trading, custody, and broker/bank related agreements supporting Two Sigma investment activities.
Core competencies of the role consist of:
- Manage and assisting with preparation for complex agreement negotiations across a range of asset classes.
- Maintain a high level of commerciality across all agreements with a keen focus on financial risk, cost/benefit analysis across a variety of prime brokerage and other trading, custody, and broker/bank related agreements.
- Project manages broker/bank on-boarding processes inclusive of applications, account openings, document production and confidentiality agreements.
- Partnering closely with internal and external business leads and advisers on agreement terms and conditions.
- Conduct adhoc market and business analysis and investigate a wide variety of potential implications across; operations, tax, legal, compliance, risk, general business terms, etc.
- 2-4 years of related industry work experience as a Legal specialist or Contract negotiation specialist with a minimum of 12 months experience managing complex financial counterparty documentation and negotiating service level agreements.
- Negotiation skills, including with external business and documentation counterparts.
- Experience negotiating prime brokerage, stock loan, repo, swaps (ISDA), FX PB, futures, OTC clearing, options, and/or custody documentation required.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or related discipline required. J.D. preferred but NOT required
- Prior work experience demonstrating strengths in business judgment and the ability identify issues outside the scope of our policies and escalate issues.
- Ability to converse with people on issues on both a high and a detailed level.
- Demonstrated success building collaborative working relationships with broad and diverse stakeholder groups.
- Strong influencing skills with a keen attention to detail.