Business Analyst, Corporate Data Platform
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Corporate Data Platform enables strategic data management and business intelligence capabilities for corporate functional groups such as Operations, Finance, Treasury, Funding, Compliance, Human Resources and others. The objective of the program is to deliver a golden source of distributed corporate data and enable self-service analytics and reporting. This platform is critical to scaling business processes and technology solutions that support Two Sigma’s business growth and expansion.
We are looking for a skilled Business Analyst who will assist in delivering our strategy and taking the platform to the next level of excellence. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are passionate about solving problems using data and technology, we’d like to talk to you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Data analysis - be comfortable in conducting data analysis to support various initiatives, e.g., data quality, metadata management and lineage, analytics and reporting
- Reporting and visualization - be comfortable producing reports and dashboards
- Business analysis – collecting partner input, analyzing requirements, documenting specifications and coordinating the SDLC
- Data management – handling corporate reference data; championing data governance standards and practices across Corporate functional and engineering teams
- Technology analysis and experimentation– contributing to product assessments, build/buy decisions and new product design; experimenting with new tools/piloting/prototyping where applicable
- Partner management– collaborating with multi-functional and engineering partners with diverse agendas to drive consensus and facilitate evidence based decision-making and action
- Solution design - partnering with technology teams to conceptualize complex technology solutions and define component based design
You should possess the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years of experience in business analysis/project management, data analytics/reporting or consulting
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record
- Exceptionally strong analytical/conceptual problem-solving skills with great attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity and keen ability to shape ideas into action/executables
- Solid sense of ownership and personal responsibility, with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage expectations of stakeholders in a timely, fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to tailor communication effectively for both technical and functional audiences at multiple levels within the organization
- Understanding of data analytics and business intelligence concepts and hands-on experience with at least one of these tools or languages: Tableau, Alteryx, SQL, python
- Experience with Agile software development methodology; Google Cloud/BigQuery a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role will be between $150,000 and $250,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.