Business Analyst - Feature Strategy
New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook Twitter Send to a friend
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Features are at the heart of our quantitative research: they allow us to go from raw data and cutting-edge techniques to monetizable signals that drive alpha for our investors. Given our relentless commitment to R&D as well as the growing scale and scope of our research efforts, we are currently formalizing efforts to streamline and optimize our feature workflows, from the conception and generation of novel features to the distribution, consumption, and monetization of known features. More concretely, we are putting together a formal Feature Strategy team, whose initiatives will touch upon aspects of our tooling, our workflows, and our culture, with the goal of maximizing the surface area and monetization potential of Two Sigma’s corpus of features.
Within this context, we are seeking an enthusiastic business analyst to define, implement, and research the metrics that will inform and refine our feature strategy and operations. This individual will play a pioneering role in evaluating and furthering initiatives that cut across a number of Engineering and Research pillars, in a new function that will drive significant impact for the broader R&D community at Two Sigma.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with world-class scientists to metricize and analyze new and existing research workflows across functions and teams
- Track and evaluate the success of new and existing initiatives by designing and implementing metrics demonstrating impact
- Convert metrics into data-led decisions and strategic messaging for a firm-wide audience of business and technical stakeholders
- Help lead planning processes in partnership with other stakeholders across R&D functions
- Contribute opportunistically to cross-team growth areas in features
You should possess the following qualifications
- Demonstrated academic excellence at the BA or BSc level in data science, statistics, or another related field
- 2+ years of professional data science experience in a fast-paced business environment
- Proven track record of success delivering impactful business outcomes at assigned scope
- Interest in time series modeling and/or financial markets preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to lead by influence
- Collaborative approach
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role is anticipated to be between $125,000 and $250,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.