Business Analyst / Program Manager - Finance
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Corporate Platforms and Initiatives group at Two Sigma works with functional groups to design and implement scalable business processes and technology solutions to support the firm’s growth. We are looking to add an experienced business analyst / project manager who is passionate about taking our Financial Resource Management platform to the next level of excellence.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Business analysis – conducting current state assessments, developing future state processes, syndicating approach with engineering and functional teams, documenting business requirements, converting requirements to functional specifications for engineering teams, coordinating testing, and being responsible for ensuring that business objectives are achieved.
- Project management – managing stakeholders with diverse agendas, driving meetings, developing consensus, managing project schedules, and applying best practices of project management.
- Program management – managing the project portfolio, helping drive prioritization, support development of business and technical architecture, developing relationships with engineering and functional teams across Two Sigma, and helping in bidirectional translation between groups.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in the full lifecycle of business analysis/project management – designing, developing and implementing business processes automation/re-engineering and supporting implementation of technology solutions.
- Experience working in financing groups at prime brokers, or treasury functions, consulting organizations, or FinTech firms focusing on Treasury or portfolio financing; with a strong understanding of margin calculation and processing.
- Bachelor degree required.
- Experience producing comprehensive documentation (e.g., functional requirements, meeting notes, etc.) and the ability to communicate at both a high level as well as detailed level across different organizational levels.
- Ability to collaborate with both business and technology groups, utilizing both “big-picture” thinking and “in-the-weeds” analysis/delivery skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic, self-direction, and the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced matrixed environment.
- Familiarity with good data management practices and general platform development concepts.
- Proficiency in SQL, MS (including Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.