Business Development: Systematic Strategies
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Alpha Insights crowdsources the world’s investment insights, and through such data creation we are an integral part of Two Sigma’s investment management process. We are a highly collaborative team - so you will have significant potential for learning and impact.
The Alpha Insights team at Two Sigma is seeking an entrepreneurial Business Development Associate to contribute to its investment initiatives. In this role, you will make impactful contributions across a diverse array of projects and will develop a broad skill-set in business strategy, business development and operational excellence.
If you are analytical, commercial, and have deep domain knowledge in systematic investment management: we want to talk to you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop, oversee, and improve the value of our strategic relationships both virtually and in-person
- Collaborate with our research team to propose and investigate signals for our models
- Identify and develop sourcing channels for partnership opportunities
- Influence product and engineering support for our work
- Build and own a data-driven business process
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year of experience required; preferred 5+ years of experience in financial services or consulting, with significant quantitative/systematic investment focus
- BA/BS required
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain commercial relationships
- Unimpeachable integrity
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role is anticipated to be between $125,000 and $200,000. The anticipated base pay range is based on information as of the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.