Business Development and Strategy Associate - Two Sigma Securities
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Securities brings a scientific approach to systematic trading and risk management to make markets more efficient. Our team trades over 10,000 US equities and 4,000 listed options, leveraging our high performance trading system to execute over 850 million shares per day. Two Sigma Securities is entering an exciting growth phase. We value the insights of our colleagues and encourage them to innovate and shape their own work agenda. New joiners use our proprietary platform to work on diverse projects. From building next generation trading technologies and researching novel AI and machine learning techniques to enhancing our strategies and deploying automation, our team is pushing the frontier in systematic trading.
We are seeking a Business Strategy and Development Associate to assist in business strategy and data analytics for TSS. In this role, you will make important contributions across a diverse array of projects and will develop a broad skill-set in business strategy, business development and operational excellence. We are a highly collaborative team - so you will have significant potential for learning and impact.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Work with the business leaders to build the strategy framework for their respective business areas
- Research potential new business opportunities across new asset classes and regions
- Help build data-driven business management function to monitor and review business performance and assist with strategic planning
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assist in growing the business platform
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 1-3 years of experience, ideally in: Top Tier Management Consulting with a focus on Financial Services/ Business Strategy (exchanges, broker dealers, equity trading firms, etc.)
- Rigorous analytical skills - including building financial models, performing competitive research and bench-marking, market segmentation and sizing
- Excellent project management skills - track record of organizing and successfully delivering several concurrent high-quality, cross-functional projects with explicit timelines
- Excellent communicator, able to engage with people across all levels of the organization and functional roles and effectively communicate through presentations for senior stakeholders
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a high degree of independence
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- BA / BS degree – majors or minors in finance, engineering, computer science, data science, math or related fields
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.