Business Innovation & Growth - Campus Hire
New York, New York, United States
More than 1,500 people who believe the scientific method is the best way to approach investing.
Ideas backed by information and improved through iteration.
That’s Two Sigma. We are not a typical investment manager. We follow principles of technology and innovation as much as principles of investment management. Fields such as machine learning and distributed computing guide us. Since 2001, we have searched for ways that these kinds of technologies can make us better at what we do. We never stop researching and developing. In the process, we work to help real people. Through our investors, we support the retirements of millions around the world. We also help fund breakthrough research, education and a wide range of charities and foundations.
The mission of the Business Innovation & Growth (“BIG”) team is to apply creativity, rigor, and collaboration to help plan and execute the growth of Two Sigma’s business. Our work is a blend of strategy, technology, finance, venture capital, and execution; and our key focus is on understanding what the future looks like and how Two Sigma can play a part in defining and improving it. Our mandate is to shape the future of finance and technology – as a proven pioneer and leader in both spaces.
In this role, you will make important contributions across a diverse array of projects and will be expected to develop a broad skillset in business strategy, finance, data science and engineering. We are a highly collaborative team – so you will have significant potential for learning and impact.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Strategic investment research & sourcing;
- Go-to-market strategy and commercialization of new businesses; and
- Crafting investment memoranda for internal use.
- Assistance in the execution of new initiatives and transactions;
- Competitive analysis and market mapping;
- Financial analysis and modeling;
- BA / BS degree – majors or minors in engineering, computer science, data science, math, finance or related fields with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5;
- A passion for technology, financial services and investment management;
- A willingness to approach problems from first principles, with the support of rigorous quantitative and qualitative analyses; and
- A balanced approach combining judgment, analytical rigor, curiosity, open-mindedness and creativity.
- The ability to write basic code or conduct basic data science analyses a plus;