Business Innovation and Growth- Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a technology company dedicated to finding value in the world’s data. Since its founding in 2001, Two Sigma has built an innovative platform that combines extraordinary computing power, vast amounts of information, and advanced data science to produce breakthroughs in investment management, insurance and related fields. Today, Two Sigma manages approximately $58 billion in assets, employs more than 1,600 people and has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Houston and London. For more information, please visit www.twosigma.com.
The mission of the Business Innovation & Growth (“BIG”) team is to apply creativity, rigor, and collaboration to help plan and execute the business growth of Two Sigma. Our work is a blend of strategy, technology, finance, venture capital, and execution with a key focus on defining what the future looks like and how Two Sigma can play a part in defining and improving it. Our mandate is to shape the future of finance and technology – as a proven pioneer and leader in both spaces.
In this role, you will make important contributions across a diverse array of projects and will be expected to develop a broad skill-set in business strategy, finance, data science and engineering. We are a highly collaborative team - so you will have significant potential for learning and impact.
- Primary responsibilities will include:
- Strategic investment research & sourcing
- Go-to-market strategy and commercialization of new businesses
- Crafting investment memoranda for internal use
- Execution of new initiatives and transactions
- Competitive analysis and market mapping
- Financial analysis and modeling
- 18-36 months of experience in roles within the fields of business strategy, venture capital, banking and/or investment management, consulting, technology, and engineering;
- BA / BS degree – majors or minors in engineering, computer science, data science, math, finance or related fields with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.6;
- The ability to write basic code or conduct basic data science analyses a plus;
- A passion for technology, financial services and investment management;
- A willingness to approach problems from first principles, with the support of rigorous quantitative and qualitative analyses; and
- A balanced approach combining judgment, analytical rigor, curiosity, open-mindedness and creativity.