Campus Recruiter & Programs Manager - Quantitative Research
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging economic problems. Our work spans across markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
Quantitative Research Campus Recruiting is an integral part of Two Sigma’s Human Resources team. We are responsible for understanding our client needs, identifying and hiring the right talent, and collaborating with the researchers to meet our common goals. As problem solvers, we focus on anticipating potential impacts to the business.
We are seeking a creative, critical thinker with strong analytical and communication skills to be our colleague. You will join a high-performing team to own full-cycle recruiting and to help manage our internship program, which is a key pipeline for campus talent. In this role, you will recommend thoughtful solutions to hire exceptionally talented and passionate researchers and will be responsible for serving as a consultative partner to the business, advising on all talent needs in the university space.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Represent Two Sigma’s mission and brand on campus – light travel required
- Manage full-cycle campus recruiting to achieve hiring goals – develop early engagement plans, source top students, formulate school-specific recruiting strategy, develop strong relationships with key universities, facilitate interview processes and hiring discussions, coach and advise managers on extending and closing offers
- Leverage central sourcing teams to build and maintain diverse talent pipelines while also creating and executing effective closing strategies for prospective offers
- Partner with HR Business Partners and Campus Recruiters to manage and improve the internship program consisting of undergraduate and PhD students; plan and execute a strategic program to ensure a highly successful pipeline for campus talent
- Own recruiting-related, highly strategic projects from ideation to execution
- Analyze and report on recruiting data to leverage and identify opportunities for increased efficiency across processes, programs, and tools
- Partner with HR colleagues to ensure efficient and accurate flow of data at all stages, from collection to transformation and storage to reporting
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in quant/tech recruiting or a related field in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Ability to exercise discretion with confidential information and make thoughtful decisions based on data-driven insights
- Demonstrated success in taking an idea through to development of clear and concise recommendations and execution (e.g., improvements to recruiting processes, program management, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to manage multiple projects with keen attention to detail
- Quick-thinking, hard-working, and fast-learning
- Creative, curious, and self-motivated
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.