China Portfolio Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
When you work with us, you tackle tough problems alongside other scientists and engineers. People who will challenge your ideas. Who you can really learn from, and collaborate with. And you’ll be doing work that matters to a lot of people, too. Our investors include some of the world’s largest retirement funds, research institutions, educational endowments, healthcare systems and foundations. We admire what they do, and we’re proud to serve these organizations.
We are seeking a creative and research-minded portfolio analyst to join our China business and to be based in New York. This small, flexible team handles a variety of mandates focused on China A-Share equities, actively investing using quantitative, systematic approaches. Portfolio analysts at Two Sigma directly work with clients and closely partner with research and engineering teams across the company; they learn a tremendous amount about the investment approach and process and can thus educate internal and external parties alike.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Contributing to the business's success requires ownership of an expansive range of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Making short-term technical/investment decisions
- Driving longer-term strategic business initiatives
- Proactively analyzing data, running simulations, and pursuing wide-ranging research to improve performance
- Developing tools and platform enhancements to bolster productivity through innovative system-building and automation
You should possess the following qualifications:
- At minimum, a bachelor's degree from a top university with a strong academic record in a quantitative or technical field
- 4-8 years of experience in investment management, preferably in a portfolio-facing role focused on China and/or systematic investment strategies
- Experience with Python
- Solid quantitative and technical abilities
- Clear judgment, critical thinking, keen attention to detail, and intellectual honesty.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role will be between $165,000 and $300,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.