Client Portfolio Management Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are hiring a Client Portfolio Manager who will work in collaboration with the portfolio management team to provide transparency to the client-facing organization via reports and ad-hoc analysis on fund performance, exposures, risks, relevant market themes, and competitor news. This is a role that provides many opportunities to collaborate cross-functionally and have a direct impact on the growth and success of Two Sigma’s investment management business.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Generate and expand upon several critical performance and risk reports for Two Sigma’s macro, equity, and beta-one strategies
- Maintain and continue building the infrastructure for competitor reporting
- Monitor market risks and themes on a daily basis
- Collaborate with firm experts to put together timely analysis of one-off market events and competitor news
- Assist with “market and economy” related research for investment management thought leadership initiatives
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
- Exposure to and interest in economics or finance is preferred, either in an academic or industry setting
- 1-2 years relevant experience in a quantitative analyst role
- Some coding experience in either Python, Matlab, or R is preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Presentation experience
- Markets knowledge
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.