Client Solutions Associate
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging economic problems. Our work spans across markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking a quantitatively-minded individual to join our Client Solutions Research team. This small, flexible team applies Two Sigma’s data and research expertise to portfolio management problems facing institutional clients. An ideal candidate should be creative researcher who wants to draw upon the latest academic research and internal insights to build scalable solutions for manager evaluation, portfolio construction, risk management, and more across the entire range of institutional portfolio assets.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Scope out and design the research vision for Two Sigma’s client solutions business, including leading/mentoring junior team members
- Interact with and present to institutional clients
- Produce written thought leadership content for client and public consumption
- Work across a wide variety of asset classes, including private markets
You should possess the following qualifications:
- An advanced degree in quantitative disciplines is preferred
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills
- Broad familiarity with academic finance literature strongly preferred
- External presentation skills (one-on-one with clients or larger institutional audiences)
- Programming skills in Python, Java, or another language useful for data analysis
- Solid statistical knowledge and familiarity with packages such as Numpy and Pandas
- Experience at an asset manager or allocator is a plus (NOT a necessity)
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.