Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking engineers interested in delivering the critical public cloud infrastructure used by the whole engineering organization at Two Sigma. As a member of our cloud team, you will be expanding Two Sigma's presence in the public cloud - designing, developing and evolving the core cloud infrastructure that enables product teams to deploy their applications and services in a uniform, secure, reliable and scalable way.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Standards - Standardize the way Two Sigma Engineers and Modelers use the public cloud.
- Integration - design and implement the integration of vendor-provided systems to deliver platforms.
- Security - Build Security guardrails for the public cloud so the platform is easy to use securely.
- Forward Deployed Engineering - Helping multiple teams to deliver business value through delivering education, support, documentation, evangelizing public cloud, and consulting on cloud native architectures.
Examples of projects you might be working on:
- Designing and implementing the network topology for securely separating environments with different security needs.
- Designing and implementing automated systems for managing infrastructure as code.
- Reviewing and advising on others’ architectural designs in the cloud.
Our Stack: Python, Go, Bash, Terraform, Ansible, cloud-init, Debian and Ubuntu, Docker, GKE, ECS, Serverless, AWS and GCP, Git, Datadog, Prometheus, ELK, Grafana
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience as a software or reliability engineer.
- Experience with command-line utilities in POSIX environments.
- Have experience with automating processes through writing scripts or software.
- Comfortable partnering with multiple teams on projects.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.