Cloud Infrastructure Software Engineer - Venn
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Venn is a platform used by investment allocators (e.g., customers of Two Sigma) to understand holistically the risks and returns of their suite of investments. It decomposes risk and return into factors and allows portfolio optimization by combining a user's factor forecasts with current factor exposures.
Learn more about Venn at http://venn.twosigma.com/
We are looking for a cloud infrastructure engineer to join Venn! You should have a passion for building and maintaining a platform and improving our customer experience, while growing our practice and platform. You will be working in our software engineering team to deploy new products and handle our infrastructure, associated processes, and systems. You will also be helping Venn to streamline our processes and automating them where applicable.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Own AWS infrastructure development and support
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Design, build, and maintain tools to automate operational processes related to infrastructure
- Identify and remove performance bottlenecks, scaling chokepoints, single points of failure, and to optimize Venn’s software and systems
- Learn and stay up to date on relevant technologies, trends, industry standards and identify the ones Venn should implement
- Facilitate discussions with partner teams regarding technical / architectural trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another highly technical, scientific field
- 5+ years of experience building cloud infrastructure on AWS.
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services and strong background of implementing AWS services
- Strong Linux systems administration skills in a cloud environment.
- Experience setting up DevOps pipeline with Git, Terraform, GitLab CI
- Experience with compliance/ risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX etc.) and/or open source technologies is a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.