Cloud Security Engineer - Azure
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Two Sigma Security team is focused on pushing the boundaries of what is possible when we reevaluate traditional assumptions and embrace modern technology. Whether we are unlocking the potential of quantitative analysis, pushing the limits of zero trust, driving cloud infrastructure to new heights, or developing our own solutions to common authentication and authorization challenges, we embody a culture of proactive and transparent innovation.
The Security Windows Infrastructure team runs a core suite of authentication and authorization infrastructure, and additional security platforms and services. Our mission is to reliably engineer, design, and operate secure solutions that enhance and protect the company’s technology. The Cloud Security Engineer will report to the manager of Security Windows Infrastructure, and work hand-in-hand with other members of the team, additional teams within Security, and will partner with groups across the firm.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Design, build, maintain, and enhance authentication and security services in Azure.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute infrastructure and security projects, from inception to delivery.
- Review, approve, and consult on Terraform Azure deployments submitted by other teams.
- Provide detailed solution consulting with regard to our Azure and Microsoft authentication infrastructure and related services.
- Take primary ownership of the complete lifecycle of several existing security products.
- Participate in off-hour emergency support rotation.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Experience with Azure authentication and security services, and with Active Directory, SSO, and related technologies.
- Experience with Azure networking fundamentals
- Expertise with Terraform and/or other infrastructure as code technologies.
- Familiarity with M365 (O365) security controls and data flows.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance.
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms.
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship.
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.