Cloud Systems Engineer
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The cloud team drives the expansion of Two Sigma's presence in the public cloud by designing, developing, and evolving the core cloud infrastructure that enables product teams to deploy their applications and services in a uniform, secure, reliable and scalable way. The team also delivers education, support, documentation, and broadly evangelizes the public cloud.
We are seeking a talented cloud engineer interested in delivering the critical public cloud infrastructure and building a cloud platform the whole engineering organization at Two Sigma is evolving towards.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Develop a Cloud Platform - Standardize and simplify the way Two Sigma Engineers and Modelers use the public cloud to enable millions of compute hours and multiple terabytes per second scale
- Integrate Cloud Native Services - Evaluate vendor-provided products in order to design and integrate these systems into the Two Sigma ecosystem.
- Build security guardrails for the public cloud so the platform is secure with no risk of data exfiltration of Two Sigma's sensitive data
- Integrate with multiple teams to deliver business value through consulting on cloud native architectures and hands building cloud-based solutions
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience as a software or reliability engineer
- BS/BA or higher degree in a technical field
- Ability to engage and partner with multiple teams to deliver high-value projects Experience with creating platforms and automating processes through writing scripts or software
- Experience with the offerings and workings of at least one Cloud provider like AWS, GCP, or Azure In-depth knowledge of Linux, system performance and software development process is a plus
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.