Cloud Technology Operations Engineer
New York, New York, United States
We are seeking an experienced Cloud Technology Operations Engineer (CTOE) who will serve as the primary provider of IT support to users throughout our various entities under the Two Sigma parent company. In this dynamic position, you will be exposed to multiple IT disciplines including Mac and various Apple products, Windows Workstation, Windows Server, MS Exchange, switches, and telecommunications. The successful candidate will have a strong interest and background in PC/Mac Hardware, desktop operating systems, network functionality, and scripting. CTOE is the principal owner of service requests as well as the customer’s overall satisfaction, resolving issues independently, or following appropriate escalation processes when necessary. Main responsibilities of this role include:
- Acting as a point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance for systems in a Windows and Mac environment;
- Effectively using your knowledge base and other tools to diagnose and resolve hardware, software, network and account-related issues;
- Deploying, installing, and maintaining hardware and software, including tending to all adds, moves, and changes;
- Appropriately documenting all required information in call tracking system;
- Diligently creating and maintaining knowledge base as appropriate;
- Exercising appropriate workflow and time management;
- Carrying out additional duties, which may vary based on your skillset and your specialization.
- Leading and delivering on various internal and customer impacting projects on time
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in a computer science, engineering, or related field from an accredited institution.
- Familiarity with common IP networking technologies and troubleshooting techniques.
- Thorough understanding of the ticket lifecycle and prioritization of various issue types.
- Demonstrated responsiveness, resourcefulness, and follow through.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and client-facing skills.