Compensation Data & Analytics Specialist
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a data-driven, analytical, and detail-oriented individual to join our Compensation Data team, within our HR Reporting and Data Intelligence org. Compensation Specialists work within a small team to help provide strategic and impactful insights into our compensation design and structure across the firm, while leveraging the infrastructure of our broader HR Strategy organization
In this role, you will be embedded in the Compensation team, where you will serve as a trusted advisor and work closely with our HR and Business Leadership teams to provide analytical and compensation support covering a wide array of areas, including: compensation program design, administration, reporting, planning, firmwide budgeting and bespoke analyses. We are a highly collaborative team - so you will have significant potential for learning and impact.
Finally, we’re known as "nice geeks," which we take as a compliment. That means we look for people who operate in an honest, respectful and collaborative way. As well, we want team members to be intellectually curious and comfortable analyzing and using data to support and convey their perspectives and influence decision making. After all, we’re a company that’s all about data.
If this sounds like the kind of environment you thrive in, we’d love to hear from you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Provide support and guidance to HR Business Partners and Business leaders on compensation-related matters
- Assist with the year-end compensation process from start to end across all business areas
- Design, prepare, and maintain compensation models
- Support our market compensation survey and benchmarking processes, analyze market trends/results, and use findings to drive innovation in our compensation plans
- Analyze hiring/attrition trends to understand market movements and advise on effective strategies to attract and retain talent
- Partner with Recruiting to develop competitive new hire offer packages
- Help with the implementation of new compensation programs and policies
- Collaborate with the Compensation team to detail processes and procedures, identify improvement opportunities, and create efficiencies across the function
- Work with the HR Reporting team to leverage existing infrastructure to set up scalable processes, and identify and recommend infrastructure tweaks where appropriate
- Partner with FP&A, Accounting, Legal, Investor Relations, and other functions to carry out ongoing initiatives and strategic projects
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in a compensation related role; compensation consulting background preferred
- Compensation experience in the Financial Services industry strongly preferred; Technology industry experience a plus
- Solid understanding of compensation surveys, job evaluation, and pay structure analysis
- Experience with process improvement for increased efficiency and scale
- A focus on automation (where appropriate), with the know-how to efficiently structure data for optimal reporting and analytical effectiveness
- Advanced MS Excel skills are a must; knowledge of MS Access, VBA and Tableau a big plus
- Outstanding attention to detail, with the ability to proactively identify and resolve potential issues
- Strategic and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion with sensitive people data
- Experience working in a fast-moving, high-growth organization with the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.