Construction Manager, Two Sigma Real Estate
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Real Estate (“TSRE”) is a data-driven investment platform that believes the combination of industry expertise and technology can be a powerful driver of better portfolio outcomes. TSRE seeks to add a Construction Manager to the team. In this role, you will be a business-embedded expert supporting the investment team in all construction-relevant aspects of the investment process. Candidates should be collaborative and excited to be a hands-on business builder.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Support diligence for all assets by helping evaluate physical asset and interpret reports to assess and refine contemplated costs and risks
- Support development, repositioning and renovation underwriting by leading budget and timeline diligence
- Coordinate with data science team to provide insight on industry practices and metrics as data scientists research relevant topics (e.g., key cost and process risks, industry data resources)
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 10-15 years’ experience in real estate development, construction and repositioning projects in the U.S. across major sectors
- Consistent track record leading large-scale capital projects on time and on budget
- Prior experience working on behalf of majority equity capital partners as primarily accountable member of an investment team
- Strong technical knowledge base with extreme attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbal, with various stakeholders
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.