Corporate Accountant (Contract)
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Corporate Accountant is responsible for the accounting of Two Sigma Investments, LP and its affiliates. The role drives the timely/accurate completion of recurring close/reporting processes, supports new business initiatives and assists in the development of accounting policies/procedures.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Support in-house month-end close process of corporate entities, revenue recognition, consolidation, application of service agreements, and review of fixed assets, leases and accruals
- Provide timely reporting to members/partners, teams and counterparties/regulatory bodies
- Contribute to annual audit of corporate entities, including support of auditor testwork and financial statement preparation
- Coordinate with Fund Accounting to understand offerings and applicable impact on corporate entities
- Identify areas for process improvements and establish efficiencies and enhanced reporting/analytics
- Coordinate with Tax on periodic tax filings, including CRT, VAT, UBT, state withholding, sales and use tax, and year-end K-1s/returns
- Maintain internal cash reconciliation and support payment review, cash controls and cash forecasting
- Work closely with Fund Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Financial Planning, HR, Legal, Compliance, and Workplace Services teams to enhance the day-to-day operations of the firm
- Liaise with departments across Two Sigma to support the firm’s growth related to the launch of new businesses, legal entities or offices
- Research and analyze accounting issues that arise from the firm’s business initiatives and transactions, and establish robust accounting policies and procedures around areas of development
- Review legal documents, including intercompany agreements among TS entities, for application to accounting records and processes
- Assist with the automation/analysis of new areas of management reporting
- Work with business analysts and engineering resources on the construction of the Corporate Accounting platform; assist with defining business requirements and testing platform builds
You should possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record
- 3-8 years of total relevant accounting experience; CPA license preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience operating within a corporate/management accounting/reporting function (versus Public Accounting/Audit) experience is a prerequisite
- Industry experience from Investment management, real estate and/or technology industries experience is preferred but not required
- Strong ability to analyze data and desire to improve processes
- Ability to communicate effectively across departments and with firm management
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.