Corporate Actions Specialist
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
The Asset Servicing team, has the core responsibility of managing and supporting global mandatory and voluntary corporate actions across multiple asset classes on behalf of Two Sigma Investments and Two Sigma Advisors. The team is tasked with maintaining the accuracy & validity of all golden corporate action records via an intricate scrubbing engine and precise exception management platform. Voluntary event elections are coordinated between internal and external partners, while adhering to established controls & procedures. In addition, the Asset Servicing team is accountable for researching and responding to inquiries on reorg and income event payments as well as class action requests from internal business organizations, administrators, and external counterparties.
We are seeking a meticulous individual to join our Asset Servicing team, performing vital corporate action support functions and participating in initiatives to strengthen our core businesses. If you have in-depth knowledge of global voluntary & mandatory corporate action lifecycle concepts and standard methodologies and have outstanding attention to details and procedures, we want to talk to you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Manage the event scrubbing/data comparison of mandatory & voluntary events for global equities and fixed income products.
- Coordinate the workflow of voluntary event elections between internal and external partners, including portfolio managers and prime brokers/custodians, while adhering to established controls & procedures.
- Monitor, research, and interpret moderately intricate to complex events, including mergers, bankruptcies, & tenders.
- Provide support and corporate actions analysis for business expansions as well as improvements to existing operational platforms.
- Research and respond to inquiries on reorg, income events and class actions from internal business organizations, administrators, and external counterparties.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- BA/BS required; preferred in Finance or Economics
- Minimum 1 year of experience required; 4+ years of Asset Servicing experience at an investment bank, fund administrator, and/or investment manager.
- In-depth knowledge of global voluntary & mandatory corporate action lifecycle concepts and standard methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of equity fixed income, and equity derivative products.
- Outstanding attention to details and procedures.
- Strong problem solving/critical thinking abilities.
- Working knowledge of the suite of corporate action SWIFT message types.
- Ability to build relationships and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Data analytical and visualization skills (e.x. compiling datasets and identifying anomalies/trends) are a plus.
- Experience with MS Office and Google Workspace.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role will be between $100,000 and $175,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.