New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are seeking a motivated, bright, analytical attorney to join our Legal Department to help us cover a spectrum of initiatives. Our team welcomes candidates that possess strong organizational, communication and listening skills. Curiosity and a passion for learning about numerous aspects of the law will be desired qualities. The candidate should also demonstrate an ability to prioritize and manage expectations.
If this sounds like the kind of environment you thrive in, we’d love to hear from you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Building out the role of the Office of the Corporate Secretary for Two Sigma’s domestic and foreign offices, including advising on and maintaining roles and responsibilities of corporate officers, business operating committees, regulatory committees, helping create/monitor business unit plans
- Managing all of Two Sigma’s corporate constituent agreements, structuring new corporate entity launches, communicating with board members, advising on intercompany service level and expense sharing agreements, and structuring employee equity plans
- Maintaining customary corporate documents, filings, policies, templates and other records
- Negotiating Two Sigma’s domestic and foreign real estate and data center leases
- Collaborating on corporate strategic initiatives as applicable
- Advising on and implementing Family Office projects
You should possess the following qualifications:
- BA/BS and JD degrees are required
- 2 - 5 years of experience with corporate governance and general corporate matters
- A working knowledge of hedge funds and applicable securities regulations is strongly encouraged
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and an aptitude for building business relationships
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.