Corporate Data Platform Analyst
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a technology company dedicated to finding value in the world's data. Since its founding in 2001, Two Sigma has built an innovative platform that combines extraordinary computing power, vast amounts of information, and advanced data science to produce breakthroughs in investment management, insurance and related fields. Today, Two Sigma manages approximately $40 billion in assets, employs more than 1,000 people and has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Houston, London and Tokyo. For more information, please visit www.twosigma.com.
We are looking for a strong data analyst to join the Corporate Data Platform team. The objective of the program is to deliver a golden source of distributed corporate data in a controlled and secure manner to a variety of stakeholders. This platform will enable the delivery of scalable business processes and technology solutions that will support Two Sigma’s business growth and expansion. The data analyst position requires “big-picture” thinking combined with “in-the-weeds” execution expertise driven by strong conceptual and analytical problem-solving skills. A successful candidate will also develop and leverage broad and deep relationships across the entire company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, science, finance, or related discipline from a top university
- 5 to 7 years of work experience
- Background in consulting or investment banking is preferred
- Desire to gain a deeper understanding of the financial markets and the investment lifecycle
- Excellent analytical and conceptual problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Passion for working with and understanding data
- Robust business analysis and project management skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and SQL
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Thrive on working in a dynamic, collaborative and results-oriented environment
- Demonstration of highly intellectual capacity and curiosity
- Strong work ethic, self-starter and ability to learn new concepts quickly