Corporate HR Business Partner
New York, New York, United States
Share with: Facebook Twitter Send to a friend
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Are you a sharp, strategic and proactive HR professional passionate about driving impact in a fast-moving, high-growth organization? If so, we’re looking for folks like you to join our team as HR Business Partners.
One of your main responsibilities as an HRBP at Two Sigma is to partner with our leaders to understand their strategic objectives and then to build and implement practical people strategies to help achieve them. You also work closely with managers and employees throughout your dedicated business area to ensure they have the right skills, are passionate about their work, and are inspired to succeed. Day-to-day this means coaching and guiding managers and individual contributors on efforts like career development, performance management, talent acquisition and retention, employee engagement and effective organizational design. So while we definitely look for people who can be "trusted advisors" to our leaders, we're also seeking someone capable of developing relationships throughout the organization and who can roll up their sleeves and get things done.
You don’t do it alone though. In this role, you’re an orchestrator - partnering closely with your HR colleagues and others from across the business to bring the right resources and expertise to bear. We’re a team, and together we achieve more.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Partnering with senior leaders to translate strategic objectives into concrete requirements
- Crafting, iterating on, and/or rolling out critical HR programs and processes (e.g., comp, performance management, talent reviews) at all levels of the organization to ensure that desired objectives and outcomes are realized
- Coaching and advising leaders on key people matters including team and individual development, organizational design, etc.
- Working with managers and individual contributors to help ensure they’re performing at their fullest potential
- Tapping into expertise from HR subject-matter experts (e.g., Recruiting, Learning & Development, Rewards & Analytics, Employee Relations) and providing input on continued process improvements
- Analyzing and reporting HR data to proactively identify and address trends and issues
- Stewarding Two Sigma’s culture and helping the company engage and retain our talent
- BS/BA degree with a solid academic record
- Minimum of 1 year of professional work experience; 7-10 years preferred
- 4 years as an HRBP or in a generalist role with employee-facing responsibilities preferred
- Previous experience working in a fast paced, high-growth organization
- Track record of building and maintaining relationships with senior executives and influencing across multiple organizational layers
- Ability to solve problems creatively with a proficiency in data analytics and get results using a proactive, solutions-oriented approach
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity and pivot between strategy and tactical execution
- Effective cross-team collaboration
- Good judgment and integrity in sensitive situations
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
- Hybrid Work Policy: Flexible in-office days with budget for home office setup
The base pay for this role will be between $100,000 and $175,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.