DATA RESEARCH AND ACCELERATION ANALYST
New York, New York, United States
Identify, ingest, and enrich a wide range of structured and unstructured big data into datasets for analysis. Operate and extend data infrastructure platform to deliver production-grade data curation and analysis services. Maintain data integrity by amplifying data quality and completeness with a process-driven approach and measurement dashboards. Own end-to-end data workflows and develop deep domain expertise on the underlying actors and behaviors manifested through data. Communicate data-driven analysis and insights in the form of “data studies” that enable our investment management research process.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Operations Research and Engineering, Applied Science and Urban Informatics or related quantitative/data focused Degree plus 1 year of experience as a Quantitative Data Analyst.
Must have experience using the following quantitative skills and software technologies:
- Hands-on data analysis with large scale datasets and unstructured data;
- Relational and big data concepts and management of large datasets;
- Probability theory and statistics;
- Python programming (both structured and Object Oriented);
- Python data analysis packages (including Numpy, Pandas, and Scipy);
- SQL and relational databases;
- Data visualization tools and packages (including matplotlib, plotly, and Tableau); and
- Ability to work with real world data (non-financial data) to produce meaningful insights that could aid investment process and knowledge of Regex.
Must also pass company’s “Data Challenge” skills assessment.