Data Analytics & Reporting Program Manager
New York, New York, United States
We are looking for a proven reporting and analytics leader and hands-on program manager/business analyst who will develop the reporting and analytics capability for the Corporate Data Platform and deliver strategic data services projects within the corporate function. The Corporate Data Platform fundamentally re-architects how Two Sigma sources, consumes and leverages data across post-trade business processes and functional groups such as Operations, Accounting, Treasury, Funding, Compliance, Human Resources and others. The objective of the program is to deliver a golden source of distributed corporate data in a controlled and secure manner to a variety of stakeholders. This platform will enable the delivery of scalable business processes and technology solutions that will support Two Sigma’s business growth and expansion.
In this capacity, (s)he will have dual-hatted responsibilities including:
· Reporting Lead:
o Center of Excellence (COE) – establishing a Reporting and Analytics COE, driving the reporting and analytics strategy, standards and governance for the Corporate Data Platform, developing repeatable reporting implementation processes and capabilities, managing and governing enterprise KPIs, metrics and enterprise scorecards (including metadata), monitoring industry trends and applying best practices in reporting and analytics, contributing to the Corporate Data Platform data services/data delivery design and becoming an advisor to functional groups on the selection and usage of in-house reporting and analytics tools (both homegrown and third-party);
o Consulting – identifying/on-boarding/engaging with Corporate customers to design and deliver both static and dynamic reporting solutions (on a project basis), gathering and documenting data and reporting requirements and specifications, advising on reporting design and layout, engaging with engineering teams on new data sourcing (where required), developing reports/dashboards/scorecards and implementing sustainable distribution mechanisms; and
o Change management – providing thought leadership on reporting transformation and roadmaps and driving the adoption of the reporting and analytics strategy within Corporate, and delivering training and knowledge transfer.
· Program Manager/Business Analyst
o Business and Data analysis – gathering and documenting business and data requirements, inspecting data quality of source data and documenting standards, developing functional specifications, source to target mappings and data transformations/derivation methodology for engineering teams, documenting SLAs, coordinating/conducting testing, and the overall data services delivery; and
o Portfolio management – managing the project portfolio, making recommendations and helping drive prioritization, support development of business and technical architecture, developing relationships with engineering and functional teams, and helping in bi-directional translation between groups.
Background and Skills:
The successful candidate will be a demonstrated thought leader with strong hands-on project management and business analysis skills who can influence cross-functionally in a rapidly evolving business environment. Further, (s)he will bring the following to the role:
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience leading reporting and analytics solutions;
- 7+ years of experience in full lifecycle of project management – designing, developing and implementing end-to-end solutions in a more agile/rapid environments;
- Business intelligence vendor landscape and implementation expertise in at least one leading tool (e.g., Crystal Reports, Tableau, Business Objects, Cognos, Microstrategy);
- Experience building OLAP Cubes is a prerequisite.
- Experience with DB query languages (e.g., SQL);
- Experience with multi-dimensional data modeling;
- Experience with data delivery/distribution technologies;
- Knowledge of industry trends on self-serve BI;
- Experience with Agile software development methodology; and
- Knowledge of advanced/predictive analytics concepts (preferred)