Data Clinic Business Builder, Strategist and Manager
New York, New York, United States
Founded in 2014, the Two Sigma Data Clinic harnesses the power of data and technology to help nonprofits and charitable organizations better realize their mission. We provide mission-critical analytical and strategic support that enables socially beneficial but resource constrained organizations do what they do best – try to better the world. We do all of this pro bono.
What started off as a project championed by just a handful of employees has since turned into a truly unique volunteer opportunity for our coworkers, who have leveraged their unique expertise within analysis and engineering to help, among others:
- A New York City workforce development non-profit determine which of its services would be most appropriate for each of its clients
- A national environmental non-profit identify the predictors of environmental violations in oil wells
- A school-focused fundraising platform increase the likelihood that kid-focused projects receive funding
We are looking to expand the capacity of the Data Clinic by hiring a strategist and manager who can help build and lead the effort. You will be responsible for maintaining ongoing client relationships; selecting projects; managing the project and team; crafting and delivering client-friendly presentations; coaching junior team members; and owning your own quantitative work stream for some projects. You will also write case studies and present results to the broader community in ways that highlight Two Sigma Data Clinic’s contributions to philanthropic efforts.
- 2-5 years’ experience as a management consultant or working in strategy-focused capacity preferably in the non-profit world
- Demonstrable interest and experience working with the nonprofit and/or government sector
- A strong academic record with at least one quantitative degree (Masters or PhD preferred)
- Proficient with statistics and data analysis tools
- Competence utilizing at least one of Python, MATLAB, or R
- Demonstrated experience creating and leading complex technical presentations
- An intense desire to leverage data on behalf of non-profit organizations
- Previous experience volunteering or doing pro-bono work