Data Development Business Management Associate
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
We are looking to add a highly-motivated and results-oriented team member to further our efforts on research dataset development. In this role you’ll be helping advance our efforts around discovering value in the world’s evolving and dynamic data landscape. The ideal candidate has data and finance industry related experience, is entrepreneurial and is familiar with navigating regulated environments.
The role involves an ability to synthesize abstract and ambiguous data potential and convert this into new and concrete deliverables. A scientist’s orientation towards hypothesis, testing and a business acumen for value and delivery. Skills required include relationship management, project management and sound data handling experience. Execution involves working closely with a range of stakeholders, but predominantly working with modelers and engineers. You will be working with a cross-functional, highly team in a collaborative environment.
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- You will facilitate and project manage data development experiments, and generally support techniques and processes development to improve our ability to rapidly identify financial data opportunities in the real world
- Experience working with high-dimensional and sparse datasets and have the ability to recognize when and how to enrich or combine such datasets to enhance their value
- Develop effective crowd-based techniques for data generation, from the initial idea to the running prototype and data product; be accountable for the delivery and integrity of the data development process
- Partner with teams across Two Sigma to both support and also present your data product ideas
- Collaborate closely on a tight-knit start-up team to shape our foundational platform
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in a research or data analytics or business analytics role
- BA/BS with a strong academic track record
- Comfort with or willingness to learn Python, R, SQL
- Direct financial industry experience is plus
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Proven ability to take an idea from a blank sheet of paper to execution and history of successes with high quality and timely delivery
- Demonstrated success building collaborative working relationships with broad and diverse stakeholders
- Humble and a hands on creative problem solver who is highly results oriented
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.