Data Discovery Associate
New York, New York, United States
Two Sigma is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, we have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most challenging economic problems. Our work spans across markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We’re seeking a multi-talented, intellectually curious, and process-oriented individual to join our growing, interdisciplinary research team. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for driving our data exploration and acquisition efforts across a diverse scope of domain knowledge centers. You will work closely with data scientists, engineers and business partners across the company and your contributions will directly influence, enable and expand our research agenda
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Investigate new trends and business areas, working across a wide variety of industries on a range of topics that are important to the global investment community.
- Apply creativity and rigor to advance our research.
- Identify, prioritize and develop new partnership prospects; deepen relationships with key external partners and data vendors.
- Build sustainable and scalable processes and best practices; drive day-to-day operational excellence through design, execution and improvement.
- Create and maintain internal reports to advance knowledge management and drive key workflows.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record.
- 4+ years of experience in consulting, business strategy, sellside/buyside research or other similar financial services roles, preferably in a client-facing position.
- Keen understanding and awareness of the financial markets and investment management industry is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity, specifically around leveraging data and technology in the financial markets.
- Flexible and practical: equally comfortable shaping open-ended questions into actionable plans and executing towards tactical objectives.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, ensuring a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Execution mindset: strong work ethic, self-starter and quick-study mentality; passion to work in a results-oriented environment.
- Process-driven: someone who thinks methodically, with due care and discipline to drive significant impact.
- Proven success building collaborative working relationships with broad and diverse stakeholder groups.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.