Data Discovery Operations Analyst
New York, New York, United States
With the breathtaking pace at which data is growing, and with new types of data coming online and new hypotheses becoming measurable, we continue to face the inspiring and exciting challenge to reveal value in the world’s data. We are seeking intellectually curious and creative analysts who are deeply passionate about data exploration, augmentation, and analysis to join our team. In this role, you will partner with our close-knit team of data sourcing colleagues, engineers, quantitative researchers, and data scientists to translate data into actionable insights and to accelerate our vibrant research pipeline. Key responsibilities include:
- Operating and extending our data discovery platform to allow for colleagues to discover, trial and purchase datasets
- Identifying and generating reports about our workflows
- Automating manual process to allow Data Discovery to continue to scale
- Project management of various data pipelines to ensure that new datasets are constantly being evaluated
- A strong academic track record with university coursework or related data analysis experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Applied data analysis experience, especially using popular scripting languages (particularly Python) and/or data analysis tools and languages (Pandas)
- Deep intellectual curiosity and passion for data.
- Excellent problem solving, communication, and analytical skills.
- Eagerness to work in an evolving and fast-paced environment.
- While financial industry experience is a plus, we are open-minded in our search for critical thinkers who are passionate about technology and data.